For the Media
For the Media
This section includes the latest information documented through SDHCC publications, copies of the SDHCC Newsbriefs, videos and broadcasts.
At a Glance
This section includes the following information about SDHCC:
- San Diego Roadmap to Coverage and Care: Planning for Success Under Health Reform
- SDHCC Principles and Required Elements for Health Reform
- Between 2008 and 2009, SDHCC held three community forums on Health Reform:
- Forum #1: On November 14, 2008, SDHCC held its first forum on health reform titled, We Cannot Fix What We Do Not Face.
- Forum #2: On February 27, 2009, SDHCC held its 2nd forum, Health Reform: Exploring the Models.
- Forum #3: On July 17th, 2009, SDHCC held its 3rd forum, Health Reform: The Devil is Still in the Details.
See SDHCC NewsBriefs here.
July 17th, 2009, SDHCC held its 3rd forum, Health Reform: The Devil is Still in the Details. Key portions of this forum, which featured national health reform expert, Len Nichols, Ph.D., were videotaped and linked below for viewing. These are large files. Please be patient while they load:
- Welcome and Introductions, Robert E. Hertzka, MD, President, SDHCC Board of Directors
- SDHCC Background, Gregory E. Knoll, Vice President of SDHCC Board of Directors
- Keynote Speaker: Len Nichols (Part 1), Director, Center for Health Policy Research and Ethics, George Mason University
- Len Nichols (Part 2)
- Sara Rogers, California Senate Health Consultant and key staff on SB10 discusses Single Payer legislation
- Vincent Mudd, CEO of SDOI, a local business leader and member of the State Compensation Board discusses health reform from a business perspective
Because of our diverse membership, SDHCC has access to speakers on numerous topics related to health reform, health coverage and care, and community health. Please Contact Us if you are looking for a speaker. Be sure to include your name and contact information, date of the event, and topic area(s) for the speaker(s). We will respond quickly with names and contact information of possible speakers.